[Building Sakai] forums section aware

Kara Stiles kara.stiles at rsmart.com
Wed Feb 2 10:38:47 PST 2011

Yes, Forums is group and section aware. You have to go into the settings
page for each forum and/or topic and make changes to the permissions for
roles and groups.

I also remember that the groups/sections do not appear on the forum
settings/topic settings pages unless each group/section has at least one
user in it.

Using group/section awareness in Forums successfully requires, in my
experience, creative permission changes and lots of testing.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Kara Stiles