[Building Sakai] Open tool from tool

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Wed Feb 2 05:59:29 PST 2011

The tool URL you are generating is meant to be clicked on by a user.
In other words, it will cause the entire page to reload with the
complete portal context maintained and the specific page in the tool
loaded.

Example URL:
http://server:port/portal/site/siteId/page/pageId?toolstate-toolpid=/view?thing=value

from:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/entitybroker/trunk/api/src/java/org/sakaiproject/entitybroker/DeveloperHelperService.java

If you are only trying to refresh the iframe then you do not need the
complete tool view url.

-AZ

Aaron Zeckoski - Software Engineer - http://tinyurl.com/azprofile