[Building Sakai] Sakai Instances Load Balancing Session Issue

Shoaib Chaudhary muhammad.shoaib at nu.edu.pk
Wed Feb 2 03:32:16 PST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to load balance to Sakai instances

I have worker file as following.

worker.list=loadbalancer, stat1

worker.tomcat2.port=8009
worker.tomcat2.host=172.168.10.15
worker.tomcat2.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat2.lbfactor=1
#worker.tomcat2.redirect=tomcat3
worker.tomcat2.socket_keepalive=1

worker.tomcat3.port=8009
worker.tomcat3.host=172.168.10.14
worker.tomcat3.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat3.lbfactor=9
#worker.tomcat3.activation=disabled
worker.tomcat3.socket_keepalive=1

worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=tomcat3,tomcat2
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
worker.loadbalancer.local_worker_only=1
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session_force=false

worker.stat1.type= status

I also have added jvm route as following

I am facing following problem

<Engine name="*Catalina*" defaultHost="*localhost*" jvmRoute="*tomcat2*">
<Engine name="*Catalina*" defaultHost="*localhost*" jvmRoute="*tomcat3*">

When i log in to Sakai using my log in ID and password it first log in, show
me logged in screen and my course for a while and again take me back on
welcome screen /portal where I see the main page of Sakai again.

As per my understanding the instances are not able to maintain sessions. I
don't if I am right or wrong.

Can some one help me out please.

Regards
*MUHAMMAD SHOAIB*