[Building Sakai] Question text with words in bold

David C. Minugh David.Minugh at english.su.se
Thu Dec 22 03:44:28 PST 2011

Yes, that sounds like the sort of problem I had when
using T & Q, actually at least two sorts of problems:

1. The display design seems to override the
bold/italics/underlining in test questions, imposing
its own format (not selectable by the test creator).

2. Various forms of imported files often also lose the
B/I/U and must be recreated on a Q-byQ basis, which is
agonizingly slow.

What it all comes down to is that it is very difficult
to create onscreen tests that use such features (or
colors) to indicate what the student is to focus on.

If this is of interest, I can try to recreate exactly
which scenarios cause what. Ever better, if anyone has
instructions about how to bypass such problems, I'd
love to see them!

David C. Minugh                			E-mail: David.Minugh at english.su.se
Director of Studies	                        Tel: (+46) 8 16 36 11
English Department                      	Cell phone: (+46) 70 - 23 14 777
Stockholm University                    	Office: E 877, Frescati