[Building Sakai] Rutgers is now using innodb-plugin in production

Earle Nietzel earle.nietzel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 21:04:36 PST 2011

It would be nice if anyone that has used MariaDB could chime in.

I've heard a lot of not so good things about what Oracle has done to MySQL.

Also the original creator of MySQL has said that MariaDB is hands down
faster MySQL, and that most of all the knowledgeable MySQL devs now work on
MariaDB. He has also mentioned that they have to fix like 40% of the
patches they get from Oracle because they don't know the inner workings of
MySQL.

MariaDB is supposed to be a drop in replacement for MySQL 100% compatible.

Just would like to here from someone who has used it and what their
experiences are?

Earle