[Building Sakai] Gradebook/Gradebook 2 Compatibility Issue

Stoufer,R M kc4uf at ufl.edu
Fri Dec 16 07:39:34 PST 2011

During tests for an upcoming build promotion we discovered a use case which causes Gradebook2 to lose the view of all students.  We have faculty who use both gradebooks and will make changes in either.

The student view is fine in Sakai 2.7.x and GB2 v.1.4.1.
The student view is lost when GB2 v1.6.1 is used.

Here's the scenario:

Using GB2 a person sets up weighted categories.
The person switches to GB and decides to add a new column to a category.
Everything looks fine in GB.
When the person goes back to GB2 all of the people have disappeared.

The students can be recovered in GB2 by setting Weighted Categories back to No Categories.  Reselecting Weighted Categories restores the category view with students.

Do other institutions have faculty who use the gradebooks interchangeably?  Shall I prepare a JIRA for this issue?

Thanks,
Mike

R. Michael Stoufer
Academic Technology - ICS