[Building Sakai] LDAP authentication

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Dec 15 15:38:21 PST 2011

Yes, if you can limit via the basePath then you're all set.

There is no way I know, besides editing code, to block users that have a
certain attribute from logging in at all.  What you can do is map users
that have a certain LDAP attribute to a Sakai role... and then you can
remove all permissions from this Sakai role, especially the ability to
create a My Workspace (site.add.usersite).  This essentially removes the
ability for certain types of users to do anything useful after login.

--Sam