[Building Sakai] Sakai OAE 1.1.0 update

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Dec 13 12:01:09 PST 2011

The Sakai OAE core team is preparing to issue what we hope is our final OAE 1.1.0 release candidate (oae-1.1.0-RC5).   The tag will be installed on qa20-us and we will hold another bug bush tomorrow, Thursday, 14 December 2011, 12:30 pm EST [1].  If the release candidate survives the bug bash we plan to release oae-1.1.0 on 15 December 2011 as specified by the OAE roadmap [2].

Our release criteria is 0 blocker and 0 critical tickets.  We have reviewed the list of known issues, upgrading the priority of certain tickets in some cases (and addressing them) while downgrading the priority of others [3].  We are ever mindful of the reality triangle of resources, time and scope.  Tickets that in our opinion neither threaten the overall integrity of the release nor represent a danger to deployers have been pushed out to future release cycles.  We encourage our pilot partners in particular to review the list of known issues and note any concerns on list.  We will review any objections raised respecting release readiness.

The oae-1.1.0 release makes good on nearly all the roadmap deliverables defined for this phase of development [4].  There are exceptions.  Dropbox functionality is not included nor will we distribute a Kaltura integration bundle (though UI integration hooks are provided) due to licensing issues.  In addition, KERN-2375 and other related tickets are demonstrating that counting content based on events is not working as envisioned and post-1.1.0 refactoring will be required to reduce if not eliminate the miscounts that users often encounter in the UI.

Cheers,

Anthony

[1] bug bash server: https://qa20-us.sakaiproject.org:8088/
Note: connected to https://qa1-nl.sakaiproject.org in hybrid mode.