[Building Sakai] Sakai Session Management and Basic lti Related Doubts

kotipallivamsi vamsi kotipallivamsi_vamsi at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 21:13:49 PST 2011

Hello ,

Recently i have Done an Integration of Sakai with Liferay in Amazon Ec2 instance Cloud  and when i was just surfing up with some Community sites i was been Signed Out and Cant able to see the Sakai Related tools visible in the Page.

Error in the Log file

Please Login to view the Portlet Content.

And i have some doubts Related to Sakai.Properties File (All the Below Mentioned Parameters will be used for Production Server Purpose)

1)Webservices

What is the preferable Setting to make the Webservice allow from any where

webservices.allow=.+

Or

webservices.allow=.*

2)Basic LtI

   a)   basiclti.provider.highly.trusted.consumers=my.school.edu.au

               In the Above Mentioned Parameter Instead of the my.school.edu.au should we mention my own domain or hostname??(If we want to change the hostname do we also change the Parameters in Portal.xml file?)

   b)basiclti.provider.enabled=true,imsblti.producer.enabled=false

               Do these Both serve the same Functionality or is there any change.if they are same then what setting will be preferable for production environment with Liferay integration with sakai.

3)Login/Logout

#Let the container handle login or not.

# Set to true for single-sign on type setups, false for just internal login.

container.login = false

       We use CAS Authentication For Sigle -Sign On in Liferay and if we are using that should we make the parameter from False to True?

4) SESSION MANAGEMENT

        a)

# Resolve client hostnames on login (stored in SAKAI_SESSION).

# Default=false.
session.resolvehostname=false

We are Using Several Community Sites below a Main Organisation Site so how can the Sakai_Session Get Stored in a way that this is Community site and this is Organisation site?If Sakai_Session Stores only the Main Organisation Site then how it will work on a Community site below the Organisation site.

5)CACHE

           a)Do Sakai Uses Ecache of Liferay Or it uses its Own Caching system?
   b)Is their Any Possibility to integrate the Ecache Management System for sakai As Global Caching System for Both Liferay and sakai??

6)Version

a)can we do the Kernel Patching For 2.7 Sakai Version with 2.8 Sakai Kernel?

7)Server

# choose a server id even if you are running a single app server
serverId=localhost

# The URL to the server, including transport, DNS name, and port, if any.
serverUrl=http://localhost:8080

# the DNS name of the server.
serverName=localhost

In the Above Mentioned Parameters Do we need To change the Localhost with the DNS Name or the Public Ip we have ???

It will be Really Helpful For me if my doubts get Cleared .

Thanks & Regards,

KGR VAMSI
+919493185242
System And Database Admin