[Building Sakai] global hibernate properties

Kusnetz, Jeremy JKusnetz at APUS.EDU
Fri Dec 9 11:32:09 PST 2011

We are doing some testing and would like to play around with some of the
global hibernate properties.

I see:

hibernateProperties at org.sakaiproject.springframework.orm.hibernate.Sessi
onFactoryBase

which gives the name and location of the hibernate properties file.
Ours is not set and it says the default is hibernate.properties, but I'm
not able to locate that file anywhere on our installation.  Any ideas?

While I'm asking, one of the things we are trying to do is use a MySQL
proxy that can do R/W splitting across multiple MySQL instances (one
master, multiple slaves).  The issue we are seeing is it seems that
hibernate is wrapping everything inside transactions, including just
selects with no inserts or updates in the transaction.  Since the select
is inside a transaction the entire transaction is being put on the
master, so we are not getting much R/W splitting to the MySQL slave
nodes.  We wanted to play around with some of the hibernate autocommit
settings to see if we can change that behavior thus my question above.
Any thoughts on this?

This message is private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system.