[Building Sakai] sharing/publishing Multimedia Content on Sakai

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Wed Aug 31 21:43:31 PDT 2011

Dear All,
  We have a considerable amount of audio/video content for foreign
language training and assessment.
We are hoping that our local Sakai instance becomes its future home in
some form or fashion.
The content is usually grouped  in a few different ways e.g
/CD/DVD/course/language/proficiency level.
We are looking for ways to share this data with students in form of
playlists grouped by various methods mentioned above.
The intent is to share the data with students and allowing them to share
their comments and experience as well.
Adding all the content to "resource tool" does not seem very organized
in its present form.
We are inquiring about any efforts among Sakai community in this area.
Most YouTube clone solutions fall short on authentication/authorization
front and due to copyright restrictions they do not appear so feasible.
Any ideas about how accommodate this requirement with Sakai will give us
a good starting point to address our needs.
Thanks,
Mustansar

--
*Mustansar Mehmood*
Educational System Developer & Integrator

I made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to make it
short. -Blaise Pascal