[Building Sakai] Web service to get list of all users

Jez Cope j.cope at bath.ac.uk
Wed Aug 24 07:58:11 PDT 2011

Is there a web service to get a list of all users for all sites on a
Sakai instance?

I'm aiming to set up a cron job which will join everyone who actually
uses our Sakai to a "Help & support" site. We have both local and LDAP
users, so I can't just use the list of local users, and not every user
in LDAP uses Sakai.

I had previously been using the autojoin tool for this (so people could
click on a link and get straight to Help & Support), but I'd like to be
able to send announcements to all users, and at present only people
who've used the autojoin link would receive them.

Cheers,
Jez
--
Jez Cope <http://people.bath.ac.uk/jc619>, ICT Project Manager
Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technologies