[Building Sakai] Course site is hidden to students and instructors until I click on update participants button in site info

Jehan jeehaaan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 02:51:41 PDT 2011

Thanks

we are using JAVA API to call LoadAll() function, I am using following

 SiteService siteService =(SiteService)
ComponentManager.get("org.sakaiproject.site.api.SiteService");
                        Site site= siteService.getSite("CS101SPRIN2011CS");
site.loadAll()

}

but I am getting following error

org/springframework/context/ApplicationEvent
at
org.sakaiproject.component.cover.ComponentManager.getInstance(ComponentManager.java:97)
at
org.sakaiproject.component.cover.ComponentManager.get(ComponentManager.java:111)
at
pk.edu.nu.sakai.cms.MultipleSectionAssignment.main(MultipleSectionAssignment.java:20)
org.springframework.context.ApplicationEvent
... 3 more

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za>wrote:

> [...]
>
> That is part of the kernel-api:
>
> org.sakaiproject.kernel:kernel-api
>
> Regards
> David
>

> On 08/23/2011 07:33 AM, Jehan wrote:
>
> Thanks  Earle Nietzel
>
>  site.LoadAll()
> need following library to be imported
>
>   import org.sakaiproject.site.api.Site;
> could you please write me name of that library(jar file) for sakai 2.7
>

>  Regards
> -----------------
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Earle Nietzel <earle.nietzel at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Sounds like your not refreshing the site after you make updates.
>>
>> What was that method to invalidate the site cache!
>>
>> site.loadAll()
>>
>> I think thats the one.
>>
>> After you make your changes to a site call that method.
>>
>> Earle
>>
>>  On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Jehan <jeehaaan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Dear all
>>>
>>>  we have deployed Sakai 2.7 with Oracle 10G, we creating course sites
>>> using java code, our problem is
>>>
>>>  course site creating without any problem, it is only visible in
>>> administrator account and not to other users (e.g. students and
>>> instructors).
>>>
>>>  When I login as admin -> site info -> clicked on *update participants*
>>>  button.
>>> then course site become visible to students and instructors.
>>>
>>>  when I checked *SAKAI_REALM *table before clicking  *update participants
>>> *(in site info tool) button then following one entry found for that
>>> course (e.g., MG108FALL2011MS)
>>>
>>>     *realm_key*
>>>
>>> *realm_id*
>>>
>>> *provider_id*
>>>
>>> 6745
>>>
>>> /site/MG108FALL2011MS
>>>

>>> MG108FALL2011MSCS-C+MG108FALL2011MSCS-D+MG108FALL2011MSCS-A+MG108FALL2011MSCS-B+MG108FALL2011MSCS-E
>>>

>>>  when I clicked on *update participants *then following
>>> entries appeared in *SAKAI_REALM  *table
>>>
>>> *realm_key*
>>>
>>> *realm_id*
>>>
>>> *provider_id*
>>>
>>> 6745
>>>
>>> /site/MG108FALL2011MS
>>>

>>> MG108FALL2011MSCS-C+MG108FALL2011MSCS-D+MG108FALL2011MSCS-A+MG108FALL2011MSCS-B+MG108FALL2011MSCS-E
>>>

>>> *7003*
>>>
>>> */site/MG108FALL2011MS/group/1qweqweqwe*
>>>
>>> *MG108FALL2011MSCS-E*
>>>
>>> *7004*
>>>
>>> */site/MG108FALL2011MS/group/2ewrertert*
>>>
>>> *MG108FALL2011MSCS-A*
>>>
>>> *7005*
>>>
>>> */site/MG108FALL2011MS/group/3ytrtyutyu*
>>>
>>> *MG108FALL2011MSCS-B*
>>>
>>> *7006*
>>>
>>> */site/MG108FALL2011MS/group/4yuiuyiuyi*
>>>
>>> *MG108FALL2011MSCS-C*
>>>
>>> *7007*
>>>
>>> */site/MG108FALL2011MS/group/5uioiuoiuo*
>>>
>>> *MG108FALL2011MSCS-D*
>>>
>>>  Then I inserted manually these entries for each course and also
>>> inserted other required entries in following tables
>>> sakai_realm_role_desc,
>>> sakai_realm_provider