[Building Sakai] What hibernate dialect do you use with Mysql 5.5

Jennings, Michael mike_jennings at unc.edu
Tue Aug 23 11:44:02 PDT 2011

Hi,

Currently UNC is running MySQL 5.5 with Sakai 2.7.0...

I saw that Steve Swinsburg said that MySQL 5.5 is not certified to work with any version of Sakai currently.  After seeing this I started to do some searching on issues associated with MySQL 5.5 and Sakai and saw that there was some questions on which version of the hibernate dialect you should use.

Currently we are using

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect

but should we be using

hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Jennings
Mike Jennings
Teaching and Learning Developer