[Building Sakai] Message Forum Preformance Issue

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Thu Aug 18 08:32:02 PDT 2011

The indexes aren't going to cut it........ you need to upgrade your code
too.  My guess is that if you look through your MySQL slow query logs, you
will see references to queries that are very slow because of the use of an
"OR" that makes the query vastly more difficult for MySQL.  Indexes will
help a little bit, but aren't going to cut it in a heavily-used production
environment. You need to get off MsgCntr 2.7.0 if you are running in
production with MySQL.

--Sam