[Building Sakai] ClassCastException implementing CourseGradesToSpreadsheetConverter

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Wed Aug 17 07:23:05 PDT 2011

This is an issue I see a lot.  It basically comes down to this:

"The class objects were loaded in different classloaders, therefore
the instances created from in each of classes are seen as
'incompatible'. This is a common issue in a an environment where there
are many different classloaders being used and objects are being
passed around. These issues can easily arise in JEE and portal
environments."

-Source: Internet/Google

 just throwing out quick ideas w/o knowing how your code is set up:

Try to implement this in the same layer as the API or don't import
jars, but instead use what's already there or access it from
Edu-services if that's where it's create, ect...

Thanks,
Bryan