[Building Sakai] lesson builder 1.3.x branched; ready for testing

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Aug 12 14:04:16 PDT 2011

I have just created a 1.3.x branch. This is what Rutgers will use this fall. It is probably what will be in Sakai 2.9

Trunk is now 1.4-SNAPSHOT.

I'd be happy to get as much testing as possible, If you'd like to test on our system, I can give you accounts on our test system (although this version won't be up until later today).

I would particularly be interested in help with translations, and with accessibility testing. Because of the nature of the tool, there's a lot of text to be translated, I'm afraid.

New features:

     Support for YAFT
     Mneme is no longer commented out; dynamically enabled/disabled
     Add website - upload ZIP file with web content, specific support for Camtasia, Wimba Create, and Articulate, but any ZIP file containing resources may be uploaded.
     Comments tool - allow students to comment, optionally anonymous
     Student content tool - allows students to create pages, optionall
        other students can comment, content and/or tool can be anonymous
     User and site-wide style sheets
     Common Cartridge Import
     BLTI interface (requires 2.9 version of BLTI)
     Moved many of the buttons into a pulldown, to reduce clutter
     Icons for items
     Support for 2.9 NEO portal
     Help pages for Sakai help system, as well as the LB internal help. The
        help system is used for details of what the tools do. The LB help pages
        are more conceptual.

As well as bug fixes and various minor usability improvements.

My thanks to Adrian Fish and Mary Jo Watts for code and usability feedback.