[Building Sakai] Logic issues with Conditional Release in 2.7

Ramachandran,Narasi rnarasi at ufl.edu
Fri Aug 5 08:46:04 PDT 2011

So we have come up with a really interesting bug with the Conditional Release this function will work only if the operations

GOOD - You set your criteria first and then populate the gradebook. Changes made to grade data later is fine this will still make the CR work, adding new content to the folder that has a CR is fine even updating the content file that was create with the Sakai content editor is fine and CR continues to work.

BAD - if your gradebook was already populated and  you set the release criteria after this event or you go to the item (folder/file) that has a Release Criteria and hit the "Update" button (if you hit cancel that is fine) then the CR will not function and the item will no longer be available to students who have already met the criteria. So we are advising our clients to not go to Edit Details and hit Update on folders/files that have a release criteria.

Any assistance with regards to this will be great

Thanks,
Narasi