[Building Sakai] SAK-16568

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Tue Apr 26 05:18:53 PDT 2011

I've been asked to float SAK-16568 to the dev list for review since the patch for this touches kernel and several other tools in sakai...

Anyone can review, but specifically, please review:
Qian (assign, site-manage)
Horwitz (knl, polls)
Hedrick (linktool)
Swinsburg (knl)
Zeckoski (knl)
Whyte (knl)
Karen Tsao (sam)
Botimer (osp)
Amsler (gb2)
Theriault (knl)
may (msgcntr -- Wagner is transitioning off the project)
Kirschner (knl, calendar)

Title "Entity Picker Link points to original site when "Import from Site" option is used"

Description: "The new option in the Rich Text Editor, Sakai Entity Link, is not working properly when imported through sites. It points to the original site and any students that do not have permission to that site will be given an error. The links always refer back to the originating site."

About the Patch:
I've extended the kernel Interface "EntityTransferrer" to add another method:

	/**
	 * Takes a map of ref's (fromContextRef -> toContextRef) and replaces any reference to them
	 *
	 * @param toContext
	 * @param transversalMap
	 */
	void updateEntityReferences(String toContext, Map<String, String> transversalMap);

Each tool that implements the EntityTransferrer Interface has been updated to either implement this method or just have an empty stub, which is why there are so many tools that has changed.  If a tool wants to implement this, it just loops through the copied over entities and does a simple find/replace in key fields (i.e. description, ect).  The updateEntityReferences method must be called after all tools have completed transferring since a tool can point to other tools (i.e. assignment description can point to msgcntr).

Thanks,
Bryan