[Building Sakai] ClassNotfound in a tool

daniel.merino at unavarra.es daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Apr 15 09:53:04 PDT 2011

When we started with Sakai 2.5 three years ago, there were two blogger
versions, the 2.5 version and the post-2.5.

Post-2.5 was based on Wicket and had better display and functionalities,
so we chose it. Later, when official Blogger went out of the core tools,
we though that we had taken the right choice. But it seems that nobody
took it with us.

Today we "survive" with post 2.5 because Blogger still remains deprecated
and even if it was updated, there would not be DB migration scripts to
return to it. And Clog, which in fact is based in the post 2.5 work, seems
to be the future official tool but is not still widely used in production.

Another good point is if it will be easy to migrate from Post 2.5 to Clog.
It seems that all the migration efforts are pointed to the Blogger tool
and telling our users that they must start from scratch and lose their

And, answering the other question, after deploying it, in
components/WEB-INF/lib there is only one jar: blog-tool-SNAPSHOT.jar . I
don't have access to my test server now, is a name similar to this.

Regards.