[Building Sakai] Developer induction

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Thu Apr 14 06:44:14 PDT 2011

The Los Angeles CLE 2x bootcamp is a single day affair and is no substitute for the 4-5 day intensive sessions that have occasionally been held in the past.  Sakai Conference bootcamp organizers such as David Horwitz, Steve Swinsburg, Aaron Zeckoski and myself do make an effort to make ourselves available for follow-on informal sessions during the conference but each of us are pulled in many directions during the conference (e.g., giving presentations, organizing BOFs, participating in meetings, hanging out with colleagues, etc.) and thus we are not able to focus fully on training throughout the week.

That said, newbies tell us that our single session, 6-8 hour, 2x bootcamps are useful, though at times overwhelming.

Anth