[Building Sakai] Using Messages in Another Tool

mizematr at notes.udayton.edu mizematr at notes.udayton.edu
Tue Apr 12 09:23:29 PDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to modify one of the tools we use in our Sakai instance to
allow an instructor to send an email to a student via the Messages tool
from Message Center.  The basic plan is for an Instructor to click a link,
create the message in a pop-up window, and click send.  When the
instructor clicks send, whatever message they created should be stored in
the Messages tool, and when the student replies, the conversation should
be via the Messages tool from then on.

Has anyone out there done anything like this?  Or could give me some
advice on where to start?  I'm assuming that I should use Entity Broker in
some way, but am not sure.  Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Matt Mize, Systems Administrator
 - Pay no attention to the man in the back office....
Matt.Mize at notes.udayton.edu
(937) 229-1024

UDit Department, University of Dayton
300 College Park, Dayton, OH, 45469-1302