[Building Sakai] Automatically signed applet in Samigo

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Tue Apr 12 03:06:09 PDT 2011

Hi everybody.

We have been getting complaints about the audio recorder applet which is
integrated inside Samigo. As it can be seen at
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-5731 , if the applet is not
signed users must change their local JVM configuration in their
computers in order to use it, a little embarrasing change that can
discourage them to use this feature.

I have signed the applet with a certificate and it works nice, but every
time we redeploy the sam project, the applet is rebuilded unsigned
again, so we must sign it once and another to have it enabled.

I wonder if somebody has come across a solution to automatize this. As
the command to sign the applet could be different for each institution,
I suppose that it is not possible to give a general solution with Maven,
am I wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.