[Building Sakai] upload/download attachment neglect !site.helper

Qu, Yuanhua yq12 at txstate.edu
Mon Apr 11 11:41:41 PDT 2011

We run into error for upload/downlaod attachment in several tools ( Ex: Forums, Samigo, Assignment ) when our instructor did some permission changes in Resources Tool when we also have same permission checked in !site.helper for each role.  I did investigation for the last week and found out there are two bugs in all the 2.x versions and also sakai's trunk.

I created two JIRAs that caused this issue:

One is https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20420;
The other is  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20441

I got the fix patch for the second JIRA, but need expert to see if I didn't bring in anything extra.   I tried to work on the first one SAK-20420 but hard to find the right place although I know the fix should be only updating the content.* permission that are actually changeable or in another word, skipping those permissions that checked in the helper realm and only update rest of content.* for each role.  Any pointers?

Thanks.

-Qu