[Building Sakai] Displaying Course Tool only to Administrators in Sakai

Zhen Qian zqian2004 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:17:58 PDT 2011

Seth:

I think the transition from role.required to function.required is actually
documented inside SAK-4120 that Kara referred to:

Nuno originally proposed the ticket for "roles.allow" and "roles.deny"
configuration. However, Chuck eventually implemented it based on
permission:

"This solution is different than proposed in the patches because it is based
on Sakai security functions rather than roles. The patches also proposed
an allow/deny pattern. The use of functions instead of roles aligns much
better with the Sakai security model and does not require the allow/deny."

Thanks,
- Zhen