[Building Sakai] Site duplication missing visibility and access settings in 2.7.1.

Chris Ribble cribble at uwindsor.ca
Wed Apr 6 06:17:20 PDT 2011

Hey everyone,

We've been working on an upgrade from our current 2.5.2 Sakai version to a
2.7.1 version. We've run into an issue when duplicating sites in 2.7.1.
When a site is duplicated we lose all visibility and access settings. All
resources that were hidden in the original site are now visible in the
duplicated site. And we also seem to have a problem where JForum
Categories in the original site that have active forum and threads
associated with them do not get duplicated either and are wiped clean.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?

This is our environment:
Sakai 2.7.1 + small customizations.
Oracle 10g Database
Single test instance behind F5 load balancer for simulation of production
setup.

Thanks!
Chris

Chris Ribble