[Building Sakai] GradebookService call

Wheat, Jon jwheat at messiah.edu
Fri Apr 1 10:49:23 PDT 2011

I'm still a total JAVA newbie and probably in over my head here but I've been asked to get grades from Sakai gradebook into our SIS.  I do alot with axis calls populating Sakai with courses and students, so I do know my way around the webservices.

I've added and started playing around with some code Steve posted on his web services page for gradebook and that works to list the assignments.

After looking into the Gradebook API – I see that there are methods that I would like to use in GradebookManagerHibernateImpl.java  (is that even possible?)

That file is located in
app/business/src/java/org/sakaiproject/tool/gradebook/business/impl/GradebookManagerHibernateImpl.java

I've added one of the methods to my .jws file – when I call that I get 'cannot find symbol' – which I do know means that I need to import something.  Any idea how to import the above ?

I was thinking it was
import org.sakaiproject.tool.gradebook.business;

But still get that error.

Any ideas? Am I even close?

-Jon