[Building Sakai] Additional user information in Sakai

Nathan Finley nfinley at pacific.edu
Wed Sep 29 16:38:18 PDT 2010

All,

I¹m dealing with an issue where faculty are having a hard time with
identical student names in the Gradebook.  While the Gradebook tool does
provide the Student Name and Student ID, our SIS handles students in
relation to a numerical ID.  Is there an easy way to add additional
information to the Gradebook or even the User profile in Sakai?  Or are we
stuck with the data fields that currently exist in Sakai?  I do realize that
we could exchange the Sakai alpha-numeric Student ID with our numerical ID,
but I¹m trying to avoid that possibility.

Thanks,
Nathan
-----
Nathan Finley
Learning Management Systems Administrator
University of the Pacific
Office of Information Technology ­ Enterprise Applications
Email: nfinley at pacific.edu
Phone: 209.946.7669