[Building Sakai] status of 2.7-x branch

Fischbein, Scott A. sfischbein at ucdavis.edu
Wed Sep 29 15:59:13 PDT 2010

Hi all,
We've been running the 2.7.0 tag in production for a few months now, and are considering an update to 2.7-x. However, in preparing for that update, I've noticed that the 2.7-x branch doesn't seem as solid and complete as the "-x" branches have in the past. For instance, there are some tools/modules that don't have a 2.7-x branch at all (some have skipped straight to 2.8 or 3.0) and the build itself seems a bit more unstable  (my initial build attempts were unsuccessful, but I was able to work past most of the errors...)

So I'm wondering what the status and reliability of the 2.7-x branch is and whether anyone is running it in production currently.

Thanks,
Scott