[Building Sakai] Ldap group provider?

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Sep 24 01:23:09 PDT 2010

On 24 September 2010 07:55, David Horwitz <david.horwitz at uct.ac.za> wrote:
>   Hi All.
>
> Has anyone implemented and LDPA group provider they would be willing to
> share? I need one for a Non UCT project I'm working on.

Yep.

http://git-repo.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=repos/local-project/external-groups;a=blob;f=impl/src/main/java/uk/ac/ox/oucs/vle/ExternalGroupProvider.java;h=9b3c7416a7795c7ff05b5d72b7e6c70a8f2b84a1;hb=HEAD

which is part of our external groups.

http://git-repo.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=repos/local-project/external-groups;a=summary

It's a helper for site info which allows you to attach groups after
the site has been created and assign the group a role.

The group provider gets bundled up into the standard sakai provider at
build time so that I didn't have to expose the LDAP APIs into shared.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services