[Building Sakai] Tomcat x 2

Jon Wheat jwheat at messiah.edu
Fri Sep 17 08:45:12 PDT 2010

We're doing an upgrade to 2.7.1 next week and I was wondering if its possible to run 2 different versions of tomcat on different ports ? This would allow me to get it installed and configured / patched / setup and all that without taking 2.7.0 down until I was ready to switch over.  Then conceptually - change the port number,  database information and sym links.

Like this -

Sakai 2.7.0 -> apache-tomcat-5.5.29 port 80
Sakai 2.7.1 -> apache-tomcat-5.5.30 port 88

to build I'm guessing I'd specifically list the Tomcat home like this -

mvn clean install sakai:deploy -Dmaven.tomcat.home=/tools/apache-tomcat-5.5.30

Will the CATALINA_HOME environment variable screw anything up ?  Do I need a CATALINA_HOME2 ?

-Jon