[Building Sakai] Proposed PDA Portal Wording Change - SAK-19061

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 16 04:15:14 PDT 2010

I don't think the PDA view is particularily usable on a mobile phone.

These days people expect / want mobile portal's to look like iphone apps; what the PDA view gives us is a cutdown view of the normal interface.

I don't think that one should change PDA to MOBILE although I would concede that the term PDA is somewhat outdated. I'm going to be slightly controversial here and also claim that the PDA view is also somewhat outdated

A better description for the PDA interface may be an 'frameless view' (except that Joe Average User wouldn't understand what this means).

I whole heartedly agree with Eli's views an using the word 'accessible'.

adam

PS Look at: http://blogs.oucs.ox.ac.uk/adamweblearn/2010/09/weblearn-now-available-on-a-mobile-phone/