[Building Sakai] Site Stats Problems

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Wed Sep 15 08:48:20 PDT 2010

Hi Paul,

I would recommend to:

   - search the tomcat logs (catalina.out) for eventual errors related with
   SiteStats
   - (double-)check table indexes accordingly to
   https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sitestats/trunk/schema/db-tables/oracle/sitestats.sql
   - check for DB configuration differences between the dev and production
   boxes. Since your test environment has almost half the data and is probably
   a slower machine, the speed difference makes me suspect of some sort of
   (db?) configuration
   - update to 2.0.5 (latest stable release on the 2.0.x series) or even to
   2.1.5 (this is targeted for 2.7.x but is 2.6 API compatible)

We use the real-time thread for collecting events too, and our SST_EVENT
table has > 4 million records however, we are on MySQL so I cannot point you
to any special Oracle consideration!

Please let me know of further progress.

Hope it helps,
Nuno

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Paul Dagnall <dagnalpb at notes.udayton.edu>wrote:

> I forgot to mention that with the exception of the
> collectEventsForSiteWithToolOnly we kept all other Site Stats defaults. Our
> users prefer the real-time thread, so I would like to avoid having to use
> StatsAggregateJob quartz job if at all possible.
> Thanks!
> Paul

Nuno Fernandes  .  { Analyst/Programmer }

|| web  . { http://www.ufp.pt  |  http://tinyurl.com/nfgrilo  |  follow_me @
nfgrilo }
|| work . { Universidade Fernando Pessoa  |  Praça 9 de Abril, 349  |
4249-004 Porto }