[Building Sakai] Quartz Scheduler in a clustered Sakai

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Tue Sep 14 22:30:53 PDT 2010

I can't answer your exact question, but if you are super worried about
it, I know how to disable quartz on a server by server basis.

see http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-13776 which might be
relevant.  With that patch, which is part of the rSmart CLE, you can
just set

startScheduler at org.sakaiproject.api.app.scheduler.SchedulerManager=false

to turn off quartz on say, all but one server.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Earle Nietzel <Earle.Nietzel at marist.edu> wrote:
> I've been wondering about quartz configuration in a clustered sakai?
>
> According to Quartz documentation
> (http://www.quartz-scheduler.org/docs/configuration/ConfigJDBCJobStoreClustering.html).
>
> Running with multiple quartz instances against the same set of tables is bad
> news unless your using the following quartz option:
> org.quartz.jobStore.isClustered = false
>
> I went through some of the SakaiClusterService and found it does set the
> quartz instanceId via spring components.xml to the serverId in
> sakai.properties so this looks nice as this option needs to be unique per
> instance.
>
> However I didn't seem to find anything setting the quartz isClustered
> property?
>
> I was hoping to see somewhere that if Sakai is in "Clustered mode" that
> quartz could then set the aforementioned property appropriately.
>
> Anyone have any input on this?
>
> Earle

John Bush
602-490-0470