[Building Sakai] PDF uploads to Resources

Martin B. Smith smithmb at ufl.edu
Thu Sep 2 18:31:00 PDT 2010

On 9/2/2010 9:06 PM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:
> To fix these I would suggest a Quartz job that finds all the affected resources, reads them out, updates the type then saves them again, all using the ContentHostingService API. Of course if it's only a handful it could be done manually.
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

I've heard we're seeing a lot of these too. Fixing it in the background
is great for things that already exist, but I expect many of our users
immediately check the file, see that it won't download, and give up /
satisfice / contact support.

I'm wondering if there's anything outside Sakai we can do to solve it,
like a servlet filter on top of any Sakai upload servlets that will
correct the mime type on the way in. Perhaps something like that could
eventually make its way into Sakai 2.x proper.

I'm not familiar enough with the upload mechanism to know if this will
work, though :/.

Cheers,
--
Martin B. Smith