[Building Sakai] Chat/SMS via Presense for 2.8 ??

csev csev at umich.edu
Thu Sep 2 06:08:25 PDT 2010

Does anyone have code in production that turns the presence into a simple messaging facility?  I am looking for a few clean portal mods with a bit of backing code.

I know I am crazy - but if there was code in production, I would like to take a look at it and see if we could add it to the 2.8 portal in the next few weeks before code freeze.

I don't think there is time to take something that is a "cool experimental almost-working patch" and get it into trunk - but if there was something running and known solid/reliable, we might be able to take a look at it and get it in.

/Chuck