[Building Sakai] Gradebook and SIS

Kenwrick Chan kchan at hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 29 15:43:31 PDT 2010

Hi Doreen,
We're tapping into Banner's INTCOMP/LMB package to upload final grades.  So
our sakai instance publishes messages to Luminis message broker which in
turn via LMG uploaded it to Banner for processing.   The Banner/Luminis side
of house is very much the same as it was for our old WebCT instance we just
use sakai to publish those grade events.

Unicon did the heavy lifting work to do our initial implementation.  They
customized what they had originally developed for Gatech for our University
of Hawaii instance.  We're a bit different in that we do "MIF" running a
single instance for the multiple campuses in our UH system.  If you need a
Unicon contact ..  David Lipari <dlipari at unicon.net>.