[Building Sakai] any progress on a lock down browser

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Oct 27 08:02:25 PDT 2010

Is the intention to lock down a student's browser at home or to lock
down a browser in a lab?  Locking down a user's browser at home seems
like a futile effort as no technology will prevent a laptop open next to
the user's desktop.

Sakai's Samigo assessment engine contains a couple of features to help
deliver assessments in a proctored environment: limit assessment
attempts to an IP range and require a secondary username/password
(provided by the proctor).  When you have control of a lab, there are
various ways to lock down the environment including removing external
network access or using custom software like SecureExam, Exam4, etc.

--Sam