[Building Sakai] Problem with pom.xml at root of edu-services

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Oct 21 12:05:24 PDT 2010

Is it possible that we are downloading org.sakaiproject.edu-services.gradebook:gradebook-service-impl:jar:1.0.6 and that somehow depends on org.sakaiproject.edu-services.sections:sections-integrationsupport:jar:1.1.0-a02?

The relevant part of the error message is shown below.  This occurs while trying to build gradebook2 in a fresh checkout of sakai 2.7.1 (also in sakai 2.7.x):

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.sakaiproject.edu-services.sections:sections-integrationsupport:jar:1.1.0-a02

  Try downloading the file manually from:
      http://source.sakaiproject.org/maven2/

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.sakaiproject.edu-services.sections -DartifactId=sections-integrationsupport -Dversion=1.1.0-a02 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.sakaiproject.edu-services.sections -DartifactId=sections-integrationsupport -Dversion=1.1.0-a02 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
  	1) org.sakaiproject.gradebook2:gradebook2-model:jar:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT
  	2) org.sakaiproject.edu-services.gradebook:gradebook-service-impl:jar:1.0.6
  	3) org.sakaiproject.edu-services.sections:sections-integrationsupport:jar:1.1.0-a02

1 required artifact is missing.