[Building Sakai] Sakai Jforum Avatar problem

Murthy Tanniru murthy at etudes.org
Tue Oct 19 09:40:03 PDT 2010

  Given,

Follow step 9 from readme.txt

9.  Avatars in clustered environment

      If sakai-JForum is deployed in clustered environment, in
SystemGlobals.properties
      change the variable    "avatar.clustered" value to "true" to store
the avatar images
      on the file server where all the clustered tomcats have the access.
      Example: avatar.clustered = true

      The avatar.path can be changed to the path where you want the
images to be
      stored. For example
      windows - avatar.path = X:\var\jforum_images
      unix based systems - avatar.path = /nas/jforum_images

      If "avatar.clustered" is set to "true", add the jforum-images.xml
from
      jforum-images directory to tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost. Update the
      "docBase" to the "avatar.path" that is given in
SystemGlobals.properties.
      Create avatar.path directory and give tomcat user permissions to
read and
      write to this directory. Copy the files and directories under
      jforum-images/var/jforum_images to this directory.

Murthy