[Building Sakai] Evaluations tool: students being sent to preview evaluation

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:28:48 PDT 2010

We are trying to use the evaluation tool for course evaluations. We
recently tried to use the evaluations, and the problem is that the URL
in the notification email is sending students to a preview mode of the
evaluation. They can fill in the entire evaluation, but at the end of
the page there is no submit button.

Anyone have an idea why this would happen? I double-checked the
following things already:

* Release date. We are currently between the release and close dates
of this evaluation.
* Authentication. The evaluation is set to require central
authentication. Students who have authenticated are seeing the preview
of the evaluation.
* Email template. The email template includes the following text:

"You may access the evaluation at: ${URLtoTakeEval} "

It doesn't say something like "URLtoPreviewEval".. it says URLtoTakeEval.

I don't see any other settings in the evaluation that seem to pertain
to this issue. To all indications it should be working, but again,
students are being sent to the preview of the evaluation instead of a
page with a submit button. There are alternate instructions in the
email to go into Sakai, and go to the site with the evaluation, and
then the evaluation actually does work. But we'd like to get the
direct link working as well.

--
Joshua Swink