[Building Sakai] JSF upgraded to 1.1_02

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Thu Oct 7 03:34:58 PDT 2010

Hi All,

There have been sporadic talk on the list of upgrading the JSF version
used by Sakai, usually that peter out. I decided to get stuck in aiming
for a modest gain an have upgraded the JSF project from 1.1_01 to 1.1_02

1.1_02 was the last release of JSF 1.1 (c 2006) and the latest that is
compatible with the current Sakai code. The change involves a change to
the co-ordinates of the jsf artefacts to bring them in line with
standards so the group id has changed from jsf to javax.faces.

I have checked that the following tools work correctly and get deployed
with the right artefacts: samigo, msgcntr, profile, sections,
jobscheduler, usermembership. In some cases some minor pom updates where
required - no code changes where required. The work is tracked here:

http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-19282

The 1.1_02 change log can be seen here:

http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#release_new

NOTE: this is currently in trunk (2.9) and no discussion to date has
occurred on including this in 2.8.