[Building Sakai] Enrollment feeds from SIS

Sean DeMonner demonner at umich.edu
Tue Oct 5 04:19:12 PDT 2010

At U-M we do something similar: our PeopleSoft SIS does a full sync of enrollment data every 24 hours as well as change data every two hours. In cases of extreme urgency we suggest faculty manually add the student to the site.

SMD.

On Oct 5, 2010, at 1:12 AM, Lydia L Li wrote:

> Hi Kenwrick,
>
>   Our CM sync job is scheduled to run every hour, to sync only courses that have enrollment updates since the previous sync (which is an hour ago).  Our SIS is able to post events about courses that have enrollment changes and we have a separate hourly quartz job to collect those events, which provides us a list of courses that have enrollment updates in the last hour. Our CM Sync job syncs only courses in that list.  We used to sync less frequently (4 times a day) but our faculty/students couldn't seem to wait for even a few hours, especially in the beginning of each term.
>
>   Hope this helps,
>
> thanks,
> Lydia

SMD.

Sean DeMonner, IT Senior Project Manager, CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons @ The Duderstadt Center, U-M      (734) 615-9765