[Building Sakai] Enrollment feeds from SIS

Mathieu Plourde mathieu at udel.edu
Mon Oct 4 20:03:51 PDT 2010

Hi Kenwrick,

We do it as a daily batch. Our homegrown SIS dumps rosters in a database
around 4 p.m., and Sakai syncs it later during the night.

We do not change the process for any reason. We tell our students to wait 24
to 48 hours to get access, or to ask their instructors to add them manually
if they REALLY need access now.

Mathieu

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Kenwrick Chan <kchan at hawaii.edu> wrote:

> Folks,
> We're in the process of re-evaluating the mechanics of how enrollments from
> our student information system gets into our sakai instance.  So just
> wondering, are you getting your info into sakai as a live feed or batch
> snapshot?  If you're doing it via a batch process snapshot, how often are
> your enrollments updated?  Does your frequency vary during peak enrollment
> when things are really "fluid"?
>
> Thanks,
> Kenwrick

Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu
Office: 302-831-4060

TOP LINKS: