[Building Sakai] Oracle jdbc jars

Amy Edwards amy.edwards at usg.edu
Tue Nov 30 11:35:35 PST 2010

Hi,

I have been thinking about how sakai might be deployed in our
typical environment:
  F5 loadbalancer with SSL termination
  RHEL5 web front end (Apache + Tomcat 5.5.30 + Sakai 2.7.1)
  Oracle 11gR2  database (RHEL5 or Solaris)

The 2.7.1 links to the 2.7 configuration doc which
recommends Oracle 9i or 10g and "Both Oracle 10g AND 9i users
must use the 10g driver; the latest 10g "Release 2" (10.2.x)
or higher is recommended."

This is the config page I am refering to:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Configuration+%282.7%29

So, am I looking at the correct documentation? Where are you
finding references for using Oracle 11g and 11g driver?
I have only been looking at the documentation for a week so
I could easily be missing something.

Thanks

Amy

           Amy Lyn Edwards  amy.edwards at usg.edu