[Building Sakai] Entity Broker Future - In Kernel / Main SVN

Ian Boston ieb at tfd.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 05:46:28 PST 2010

On 25 Nov 2010, at 19:37, csev wrote:

>> The only real reason to put something into the kernel is to simplify
>> the dependency tree, or if we want kernel code to depend on it. Is this
>> the case here?

A long time ago when the K1 code base was built, I wanted to get EB and GDao into kernel for just those reasons. At the time Aaron was keen to develop them separately and not be restricted by the kernel release cycles. Had they gone it, it would have been a lot easier to come up with a more useful structure for developers. At the time the result was workable, gave Aaron the control he wanted, but less than perfect (IMHO).

Just my 2p, watching from afar.
Ian