[Building Sakai] TurnItIn Integration

Raad Al-Rawi raad at caret.cam.ac.uk
Thu Nov 18 05:29:23 PST 2010

On 18-Nov-10 09:23, Adam Marshall wrote:
> I'm no expert but I believe this is not possible.

No, I didn't think so either!

> Raad, have you made any changes to your configuration to take account
> of the move tp Turnitin 2 ? we're still getting old style originality
> reports and are a little worried about this.

Nope - we have not made any changes.

I spoke to TurnItIn UK this morning, and basically we have all been
running on v2 since September, and TII have maintained the v1 view of
the originality reports.

You can switch to the new v2 interface by clicking the "Document Viewer"
button at the top of the page (when in v1 mode). If you're in v2 mode,
you can switch back by clicking the yellow "Text-Only Report" button
(bottom-right).

Importantly, which view you get by default is determined by the last one
used *for that TII user*
This is especially significant for Sakai integration, because the same
TII user account is used for all report viewing, and if any Sakai Course
Admin switches the TII reporting from v2 to v1, they have reset the default.

Does that help?

Cheers

Raad