[Building Sakai] Locks on SAKAI_EVENT table

Drew Zhu qszhu at umich.edu
Wed Nov 17 11:01:10 PST 2010

The problem is your bitmap index:

create bitmap index IDX_SAKAI_EVENT_0001 on SAKAI_EVENT(EVENT);

Bitmap index is not for high transaction volume. Bitmap will cause lock
and dead locks in online transactional system. It is meant to data
warehouse type application for improving selections.

Drop that index and create it as a regular b-tree index and your problem
should go away.

Thanks,
Drew Zhu
Oracle DBA