[Building Sakai] Time for testers

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Tue Nov 16 00:35:10 PST 2010

Hi fellow hard workers,

Now is a crucial moment in the life cycle of the 2.8 release. The QA process needs more functional testers and a couple of test plan writers to keep the release momentum on track. Are you or your organization interested in helping out then please sign up at:
     http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Testers+Wall

The current set of QA servers can be found at:
   http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/QA+Servers+-+Sakai+2.8

Please contact me, so that I can can efficiently distribute effort.

The Technical Coordination Council have a list of new features and the current  time line is  documented at:
   http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/List+of+Planned+2.8.0+Changes

I am very pleased with this clear and vital documentation. In the coming two weeks QA wishes to test the list against the reality and thus needs more hands and eye balls. The documentations is a good start point for the attack.

I would like to thank Marist and Rutgers and Longsight (Sam Ottenhoff et al) and the MT (for example David Horwitz) in general for their testing and patching hours, David Roldan Martinez for his Internationalization patching and the other hard workers who are keeping the life cycle moving.

For resource planners, now is the time to allocate hours.

Thank you for your support,

Alan

Alan Berg
QA Director - The Sakai Foundation