[Building Sakai] Problem installing Form Builder

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Wed Nov 10 14:04:55 PST 2010

Hi,

We are evaluating Sakai, particularly but not exclusively, for doing
ePortfolios.  The proof of concept that I have been tasked to setup (I¹m
brand new to Sakai) requires I use a form and I¹m trying to bypass the
learning curve doing this proof of concept by using Form Builder.  I
downloaded Form Builder, tag formbuilder_2-6-1, from the subversion
repository.  The problem is that it comes with no build instructions.  I put
the source tree in the Sakai source root as pom.xml project.xml refer to
sakaiproject XMLs up one level in the directory structure, but I¹m having
problems with Maven.  The Maven settings.xml file has not been modified
since I originally set it up to install Sakai 2.7.1.  This is the command
I¹m using:

 mvn clean install sakai-formbuilder:deploy

Here is the initial piece of the error:

Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/sakaiproject/base/2.6.1/base-2.6.1.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.sakaiproject:base:pom:2.6.1' in
repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.sakaiproject:sakai-formbuilder:pom:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.sakaiproject:base for project:
org.sakaiproject:sakai-formbuilder:pom:null for project
org.sakaiproject:sakai-formbuilder:pom:null

I could have the source in the wrong place, but I really think it¹s the
maven command that I don¹t have right.  Can anybody assist me here?

Thanks,

Rob Tanner
JAVA Developer
Linfield College, McMinnville Oregon